taimis

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Some weeks ago, I made these desserts in honor of my pamangkins (nieces and nephew), Iya, Mio, and Karu. i christened them Lady Iyas, Mio Mansters, and Karu Karu Kacupcakes. My sister made handmade labels for each of the desserts, and we served them during a special sunday family lunch.




Lady Iyas - delicate mini pavlovas with strawberries and sprinkles for Iya, the panganay (oldest). She's blossoming into a very pretty girl, a little shy, very sweet, and with a dignified ate (older sister) demeanor :)



















Mio Mansters- gooey clusters of walnuts and marshmallows dipped in milk and dark chocolate. I thought it was a nice, manly sweet for Mio, who speaks his own language, screams and gallops at very high speeds :)















Karu Karu Kacupcake- lemon poppy seed cupcakes with butterfly wings. Because she's landi :) (sorry, no translation comes to mind)



Iya and Mio left to live abroad a few weeks ago. Karu might be following suit as well in a few years. I'm glad I knew how to bake when they came along. I'm glad I got to make these desserts for them before they all left :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home